AUTHENTIC PEOPLE DELIVERING CREATIVE SOLUTIONS
You aren’t just looking for a hotel management company. You are looking for the right hotel management company to manage your hotel and bring you results that were beyond what was expected. Anaheim, CA-based broughtonHOTELS is the partner you have been looking for.
The company was founded in January 2001 by Larry Broughton. During what proved to be the worst two-and-a-half year period in the hospitality industry since before World War II, Broughton successfully acquired four hotel properties. By 2014, the company had a portfolio of over 20 hotels that it managed. Our success comes from innovation, high service standards, integrity, and a commitment that goes beyond the norm - THINK Green Berets here and you get the idea.
From a guest’s initial interaction to the bottom line, we continually exceed our client’s expectations by carefully positioning, aggressively marketing and providing the highest standards to guests and patrons. We’re extremely proud of our consistent record of combined occupancy and profitability rates above industry average, but it’s the continued spirit of benefaction that truly identifies broughtonHOTELS.
Recently, broughtonHOTELS formed Bandera Hospitality to capitalize on the growing needs and opportunities of our clients and to fully utilize the talented group of superstars that comprise our hospitality management company. Bandera specializes in the operation of independent hotels that will ultimately transition into boutique hotels after renovation and repositioning; as well as branded hotels, which make up the vast majority of the marketplace.
We rethought what a management company should be. So naturally, we rethought what the culture of a successful company should be. We want our guests to recall the warm welcome, genuine caring, and feelings that won them over when they stayed at one of our hotels. This starts with putting an emphasis on the people we hire, our team members, and the rich social interactions that they have with our guests that create an exceptional experience.
Our Team Members are at the core what differentiates us from the competition, and also what allows us to create a fiercely loyal customer base. We take pride in the training and development of our people at all levels and disciplines. This shows in the results of our annual work climate surveys. Job satisfaction across the hospitality industry is 80%, but among Broughton properties, it’s nearly 86%. And you can see how this translates to guest experience as our results show nearly 89.5% customer satisfaction, outpacing the industry satisfaction index of 88%.
We aren’t totally serious, just seriously committed to our team, our mission, and providing exceptional results.
broughtonHOTELS enriches and builds up our team members through our
- bH Innsider Podcast
- broughtonBUCKS reward program
- bH Rockstar program
- broughtonCARES program
- PB& J Bag Lunch program
We don’t just talk about the importance of providing service to the communities we are a part of, we live it. We select the philanthropic organizations we support not only on the organization’s merits or needs but also on the personal life experiences of a team member or the organization’s ability to make a tangible difference in the lives of those it assists.
Our corporate team participates in PB & J Bag Lunch Day the third Wednesday of every month. We put together hundreds of bag lunches to distribute to charities in Orange County.
Our hotel teams are encouraged to participate in community service via our Helping Hands program. They also donate partially used soap and hotel amenities to Clean to The World. This program helps reduce waste and prevent hygiene-related illnesses around the world.
A few of the organizations we support:
Founder & CEO
- Founded company in 2001
- Former VP & Partner of Joie de Vivre Hotels
- Creative approach to business has been
- Featured nationally in articles and on television
- Diverse background includes service as a Staff Sergeant in the US Army Green Berets
- Has held ownership positions in hotels and restaurants
- Board member of BLLA (Boutique & Lifestyle Lodging Association)
- Recipient of numerous awards, including Ernst & Young’s prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year Award®, National Veteran Owned Business Association named him Vetrepeneur® of the Year, Passkeys Foundation’s National Business Leader of Integrity, as well as Coastline Foundation’s Visionary of the Year
- Regular guest commentator on business & leadership topics on MSNBC, CNN, Travel Channel
Kolbe A: 5 2 9 3
CliftonStrengths: Strategic, Maximizer, Futuristic, Achiever, Relator
JIM SICHTA, CHA
Partner / Chief Operating Officer
- Over 35 years in hospitality management, with a wealth of experience in virtually every facet of hotel operations.
- Started in hospitality as a guest service host; quickly working through a multitude of line-level and supervisory positions, becoming general manager at the Best Western Aloha Tropics Hotel in Palm Springs.
- Experience includes Resident Manager, Director of International and Leisure Sales with Princess Resorts, Regional Manager with Touchscreen Marketing in Hawaii, and Vice President of Operations with Charlestowne Hotels.
- Received accreditation as a Certified Hotel Administrator and Certified Rooms Division Executive through the American Hotel and Lodging Association and received a degree in Hospitality Management from Echols International Hotel School.
Kolbe A: 8 7 3 2
CliftonStrengths: Achiever, Responsibility, Arranger, Relator, Strategic
Vice President of People Services
- Over 20 years of human resources and risk management experience
- Experiences spans from work at Joie de Vivre Hospitality, Century Plaza Hotel & Tower, Carneros Management Company, to St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort & Spa and Casa Del Mar
- Received her certificate in Human Resources Management from the University of Phoenix
Kolbe A: 8 7 3 3
CliftonStrengths: Significance, Deliberative, Relator, Responsibility, Input
Chief Financial Officer
- Over 30 years experience, with 17 as a Controller
- Background includes positions as Controller for Princess Hotels International, VP of Finance for Shadowrock Development Corporation
- His ability to communicate with owners and corporate officers has been instrumental in his career
Kolbe A: 8 8 1 4
CliftonStrengths: Restorative, Deliberative, Context, Harmony, Analytical
AMANDA HURLEY, CHDM
Corporate Director of Marketing
- Oversees and strategizes digital marketing across all hotel partnerships
- Previously the Creative Director for a Southern California marketing agency where she worked with designers, copywriters, sales teams and marketers to create a vision for digital marketing efforts
- Began her marketing career in hospitality for the Ayres Hotels of Southern California as a Social Media Coordinator
Kolbe A: 7 7 3 3
CliftonStrengths: Focus, Futuristic, Achiever, Significance, Competition
GERALD GRIFFIN JR, CRME
Corporate Director of Revenue Optimization
- Specialize in re-positioning/re-branding hotels, digital marketing, rate optimization, and forecast accuracy
- VP of Programming for HSMAI Los Angeles
- Directs and facilitates top-line revenues for limited to full-service size boutique properties and 3rd party managed branded hotels in various markets
- Hotel Revenue Management Certified from Cornell University
Kolbe A: 7 6 2 4
CliftonStrengths: Input, Learner, Restorative, Intellection, Significance
Accounting Manager/Transitions Manager
- Started career as a night auditor and worked his way up to General Manager
- Extensive experience with property management and central reservation systems
- His analytical, common sense approach to business has been critical to his success in the Accounting department
Kolbe A: 8 7 1 5
CliftonStrengths: Achiever, Harmony, Learner, Analytical, Consistency
- Began career at Joie de Vivre Hospitality, working Front Desk before being promoted to Accounting
- Was part of accounting team that opened the Shorebreak Hotel
- Interfaces with CFO, General Managers, and accounting department heads
Kolbe A: 6 7 3 5
CliftonStrengths: Includer, Positivity, Achiever, Restorative, Responsibility
Manager of Creative Services
- Prior to broughtonHOTELS, worked primarily at advertising agencies, first as a Production Artist then as a Graphic Designer
- Designs all print material for home office as well as properties, as well as assisting in other marketing needs including email blasts, web ads, print
advertising, and presentations
- Graduated from the Academy of Art College in 2001 with a Bachelor of Fine Art degree in Computer Arts
Kolbe A: 8 3 6 3
CliftonStrengths: Strategic, Ideation, Futuristic, Learner, Command
Office Manager and Executive Assistant to Larry Broughton
- Over 30 years experience of office management and supporting CEOs
- Acquired her guest service skills during a total of 9 years with Disney
- Supports and assists the Home Office Team in all capacities
Kolbe A: 7 7 5 2
CliftonStrengths: Strategic, Input, Achiever, Learner, Empathy
CUSTOMIZED HOTEL MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR PROPERTY OWNERS
No matter where your property is, what condition it is in, or the challenges that may exist, the team at Broughton Hotels is there to help you. We have helped owners achieve their Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR) goals, generate exceptional Net Operating Income (NOI), reduce operating costs by leveraging our purchasing programs and much more. Ultimately our goals align with yours to provide you the best possible financial return.
Our solutions can be a full service end to end solution, or something more customized for your immediate needs. Our team will work with you to deliver the best options for your business. Below is a list of the services we offer. If you don’t see something specific, please speak with a member of our our Business Development team.
Sales & Marketing
- Product Development and Positioning
- Marketing Plan Development
- Public Relations
- Sales Calls & Representation
- Sales Training and Procedures
- Reservations Training
- Website Development & Optimization
- Graphic Design
- Print Ad and Collateral Design & Layout
- Design and Execution of Email Blast Campaigns
- Turnaround Situations
- Owner Operation Reporting
- On-property Supervision
- Rooms Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Implement Guest/Patron Satisfaction Surveys
- Secret Shopper & Reservations Test Call Programs
- Human Resources
- Monthly Financial Reporting
- Cash Flow Statements
- Automated Payroll and Administration
- Property Management System (PMS) and Integrated Central Reservations System (CRS) Platform
- Revenue Systems Audit & Clean Up
- Pricing Strategy
- Global Distribution Systems (GDS) inclusion & beneficial pricing
- Alternative Distribution Systems (ADS) inclusion & beneficial pricing
- Group Sales Optimization & Meetings
- Hotel Revenue Optimization & Meetings
- Pricing and RFP Support
- Revenue Forecasting
NEW DEVELOPMENT / REPOSITIONING
- Market Analysis
- Planning & Research
- Restorations and Enhancement of Property Value
- Design Consulting
- Purchasing Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment Installation
- Pre-Opening Marketing
- Personnel Selection & Training
broughtonHOTELS TRANSITION PROCESS
MARRIOTT | IHG | HYATT | BEST WESTERN | CHOICE